The Office of Strategic Initiatives works to develop and coordinate comprehensive training and education for the University of Miami research community.
Strategic Initiatives provides services to all key personnel involved in the conduct of research:
- Students and Post-doctoral Trainees
- Department, Center, and Institute Staff
- Office of Research Staff
Providing a strong foundation of support and knowledge to the research community benefits the University of Miami by:
- Clearly demonstrating the University’s commitment to perform ethical research and serve as a good steward of research funds.
- Helping decrease the University’s compliance risk through a more informed research community.
- Ensuring that the University of Miami meets federal government and agency training expectations.
University of Miami researchers and support staff can select the educational format that suits their schedules and learning preferences:
- Hands-on workshops
- Panel discussions
- Roundtable discussions
- Web-based courses through ULearn