Clinical research studies at the University of Miami seek answers to specific questions about vaccines, new drugs, new medical devices or new ways of using known treatments. This research can help determine whether potential treatments are safe and effective. The staff at the University that conduct and facilitate clinical research include principal investigators, members of the research team, coordinators, departmental program administrators, and other support personnel.
- Clinical Research Initiation Services (CRIS): This office is the point of contact for investigators and sponsors to accelerate clinical study start-up and ensure billing compliance after the study is underway.
- Clinical Research Facilities at the University of Miami include the Clinical Research Center (CRC), an outpatient facility that provides a comfortable, safe and effective environment to conduct professional, high-quality research involving human subjects.
- Clinical Research Listserv: Join this supplemental listserv to learn about new policies, training and education opportunities, process changes, and other information for human subjects' researchers. You may post questions, share information on clinical research, and find collaborators and specialized resources.
- Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) & Human Subjects Research Office (HSRO): The HSRO provides administrative support for the University of Miami IRBs, which review proposed research involving human subjects to ensure the protection of those subjects and regulatory compliance.
- Office of Regulatory Support & Quality Assurance (RSQA): This office provides standardized monitoring and auditing functions, educational training, and regulatory support for clinical research teams at the University of Miami.
- Office of Research Compliance (ORC): This office reinforces the University of Miami's commitment to a culture of excellence by providing a strong foundation for the implementation, maintenance and assessment of all essential research compliance activities.
- Education & Training: There are many channels for education in clinical research and human subjects protection at the University of Miami.
- For Study Participants: The University of Miami offers many opportunities to participate in clinical research studies.