Oral & Poster Specifications
- Fifteen minutes total will be allotted for each paper. Participants MUST limit their presentation to no more than 12 minutes; the remaining time to allow for discussion.
- Oral presentations will be judged on content, audiovisual aids, and the participant’s ability to handle questions.
- Standard audiovisual equipment will be provided.
- Presentations are to be submitted electronically prior to registration.
All poster presentations will be considered for Poster Presentation Awards provided the first author on the abstract is the presenter.
- Your poster cannot exceed 72 inches (w) by 48 inches (h) and must include the following sections:
- the subject under consideration and its significance
- the means and materials used
- a summary of the results presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions
- the significance of the results and their applicability to broader fields of knowledge
- The title of the poster, the name of the participant and the location at which the research was performed should appear at the top of the display in a space at least 1 inch high. CAPITALIZE THE ENTIRE TITLE.
- All illustrations should be professionally finished. Figures, legends, tables, and text should be readable from a distance of 3 feet. Hand drawn figures are strongly discouraged.
- Posters are to be attached to the boards with thumbtacks. NO paste, glue, staples, or nails are permitted. Pushpins will be provided by ESRF.
- Judges will circulate throughout the poster session during a specified period of time. Posters will be judged on their adherence to the stated guidelines, content clarity, and the ability of the researcher to handle questions.